Keywords: vegetarian, healthy, egg, breakfast, customizable, avocado, quick
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Equipment: small bowl, fork, toaster oven or toaster, small frying pan, knife
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 oz mashed, 1/4 small haas avocado
- cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
For the bread:
- Toast the bread to your liking.
For the avocado:
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise (around the seed).
- Scoop out 1 oz (about 1/4th of the avocado).
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl with a fork and set aside.
For the egg:
- Heat a small pan over low heat and spray with oil.
- Crack the egg onto the skillet.
- Cover and cook until the egg white turns opaque and the yolk is to your liking.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted bread.
- Transfer the egg from the pan onto the spread avocado.
- Add salt and pepper or any additional toppings.
- Avocado toast is very customizable, and there are many ways to change up the flavor profile:
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, chili flakes, furikake, sesame seeds, lemon juice
- Toppings: red onion, light sour cream, hummus, tzatziki sauce, arugula, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber
- This recipe should be eaten immediately for the best taste experience.
- Avocados are super nutritious and delicious. They are high in antioxidants, monounsaturated fats, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and potassium!
- Avocados can be pricey, but sometimes buying them in bulk can help save a few dollars.
|Added Sugars (g)||1|
|Vitamin D (IU)||44|