What It Is
WorkWell professional staff are on call to provide one-on-one support and guidance by sharing expertise and feedback on workplace behavior and relationships. Consults can help leaders better understand personalities, communication, emotions, values, and thinking styles that may affect an employee’s organizational performance.
Workplace consults are confidential discussions to support managing teams facing challenges, addressing concerns about employees, learning how to refer someone to the WorkWell Center, or making an inquiry about our services.
This support is readily available anytime. Consider us your “Consultant-on-Call.”
How It Helps
If you are a leader or manager whose staff present behavioral challenges, conflicts, or performance issues that are increasingly unmanageable and negatively impact the workplace or your department has been affected by change or transition, you can benefit from a professional consult. One-on-one consults can provide guidance in the following areas:
- Concerns about an employee’s work performance.
- Formal referrals to WorkWell coaching for employees.
- Emotional outbursts, arguments, or inter-personal conflicts between co-workers.
- Signs or suspicion of substance abuse.
- Allegations of any form of harassment.
- Supporting a department or unit after a critical incident that impacts the workplace with services such as trauma debriefing, group grief/loss help, lay-off support, response to violence or accidents in the workplace, and responding to disaster and crisis events such as natural disasters, active shooters, suicide, and deaths on campus.
Who It’s For
Offered to USC leaders, managers, and supervisors, consulting helps develop constructive approaches to solving problems and/or assist in referring an employee to WorkWell services.