What It Is
Coaching is an experiential and individualized development process that builds a leader’s capability to achieve short-and long-term organizational and/or personal goals. It is conducted through one-on-one meetings based on mutual trust, respect, and confidentiality.
Coaching is a thought-provoking and creative collaboration focused on taking action toward the realization of specific goals, visions, and desires. Coaching is strengths-based to assist in deepening the awareness of an individual’s talents as a foundation improvement. When focusing on leadership development, it helps participants better understand the requirements of their jobs, the competencies needed to fulfill those requirements, and any gaps in their current performance with opportunities to improve.
Since 2006, the WorkWell Center has offered free, confidential professional coaching by ICF-trained and certified coaches who are experts in human behavior in the workplace. The advantage of having a WorkWell coach is that our coaches know the culture and climate of USC while also maintaining the confidentiality that is our standard of practice.
How It Helps
How do faculty and staff benefit from professional coaching?
- Maximize work-life integration during tenure-track experience.
- Find focus and time for publishing journal articles or manuscripts.
- Create and sustain energy on projects.
- Improve scores on student course evaluations.
- Enhance leadership skills.
- Finding focus for research efforts.
- Unlocking writer’s block.
- Muster organization skills for grant writing.
- Developing clarity about professional objectives.
- Improving relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
Who It’s For
USC-benefitted leaders at the director and above level, faculty and physicians, and KSOM Healthcare Leadership Academy referrals.
How to Schedule an Appointment
To explore whether coaching is right for you, please schedule an individual coaching orientation by reaching out to us through our Contact Us page.