Become a Walk Leader for WalkUSC!
WalkUSC is an on-campus walking program led by trained volunteer faculty and staff aimed at creating a culture of movement and social connection through group activity. If you’re looking to improve your health, get outside, and connect with colleagues across campus, consider volunteering to become a volunteer Walk Leader!
As a Walk Leader, you will lead faculty and staff on approved walking routes throughout UPC or HSC. Leaders receive a brief orientation to gain leadership and guidance, WalkUSC-branded merchandise, and recognition for their time.
Here’s a Walk Leader’s role and responsibilities:
- Meet participants at the starting point (Tommy Trojan at UPC and Pappas Quad at HSC) a few minutes before the start of the walk
- Greet participants and ask them to sign up
- Distribute the WalkUSC stamp card to new participants and mark off the walk for returning participants
- Round up the group and facilitate welcome and introductions
- Lead a 15 or 30-minute walk
- Thank everyone for attending the walk
- Encourage the group to invite new members and share available USC resources with your walking group
- If applicable, hold a raffle for participants
Interested in becoming a Walk Leader? Click here to sign up and we’ll reach out to you regarding details on the orientation and how to get started!
Walk Schedule Coming Soon!
Join our mailing list to receive announcements.
If you have questions, email Julie Chobdee, Associate Director, Health & Well-Being Program, at Jchobdee@usc.edu.