Keywords: breakfast, pancakes, quick, vegan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Equipment: blender, pan, measuring cups, measuring spoons
- 1 medium ripe banana (best when they have brown spots)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray of choice (olive oil, avocado oil)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, spray cooking spray and add ⅓ cup of the batter to the pan for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes for 2-4 minutes until the pancakes become slightly puffy and you see some bubbles on the edges.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown on the underside.
- Once done, repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter.
- Makes 4-5 pancakes total.
- Once all ingredients have been blended, you can add chocolate chips or berries to the pancake batter.
- Keeps for 5 days (refrigerated) or 2 months in the freezer (in a Ziplock bag).
- Reheat in the microwave.
- Oats make a great alternative for making pancakes. They are high in fiber and protein as well as complex carbohydrates. The banana can serve as a natural sweetener for the pancakes as well as being a good source of vitamin C, potassium, and fiber.
- Oats and bananas are both affordable breakfast options.
|Serving Size||4-5 pancakes|
|Number of Servings||1|
|Total Fat (g)||10.2|
|Total Carbs (g)||70.5|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||9.7|
|Total Sugar (g)||15.5|
|Added Sugar (g)||0|
|Vitamin D (mcg)||2.3|