Keywords: healthy, dessert, yogurt, heart-healthy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Equipment: mixing bowl, parchment paper, knife, baking tray, measuring cups, measuring spoons
- 1 ½ cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries or blackberries
- ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla until well mixed.
- Spread yogurt mixture evenly on parchment paper, about ¼ inch thick.
- Scatter berries and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the freezer for 3 hours or until the yogurt is firm.
- Cut the yogurt bark into 16-20 pieces and serve.
- Other ingredients can be sprinkled into the yogurt such as coconut flakes, granola, and chia seeds.
- Keeps for 3 months in the freezer in a sealed freezer bag.
- Let sit out 3-5 minutes before eating.
- Greek yogurt is a good source of protein and probiotics. Adding maple syrup and fruit make a great healthy dessert.
- Using frozen fruit can be a way to decrease the costs of fruit.
|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe|
|Number of Servings||6|
|Total Fat (g)||3.5|
|Total Carbs (g)||8.5|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.6|
|Total Sugar (g)||7.3|
|Added Sugar (g)||4|
|Vitamin D (mcg)||0|