Keywords: vegetarian, quick, customizable, anti-inflammatory
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Equipment: small bowl, cutting board
- 1 cup mixed greens (or lettuce/greens of choice)
- red onion sliced thinly
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes, whole or sliced in half
- ½ of a small avocado
- 2 tablespoons cheese of choice (feta, blue cheese, gorgonzola)
- 1 tablespoon salad dressing
- Place lettuce or greens of your choice into a bowl.
- Layer with tomatoes, onion, avocado, cheese, and other toppings of choice.
- Dress with your favorite salad dressing and enjoy.
- Salad ingredients are customizable – add or remove toppings of your choice. Other delicious salad ingredients include roasted vegetables (squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli), purple cabbage, nuts of choice (walnuts, almonds, peanuts), sliced boiled eggs, and/or dried fruit (cranberries, cherries), fresh apples, or mandarin oranges.
- Increase the protein content of your salad by adding grilled chicken or fish such as salmon or tuna.
- To transport easily in a mason jar, place dressing at the bottom, layer toppings and put lettuce last (topmost layer). Shake and eat out of the jar or serve on a plate.
- Mixed greens are a great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and folate. Salads are a great way to increase your intake of veggies and you can customize them just the way you like!
- You can take out the avocado and cheese for a simple, less expensive salad option. Tofu, beans, and canned tuna are a few inexpensive protein sources instead of grilled chicken.
|Added Sugars (g)||0|
|Vitamin D (IU)||5|