Keywords: anti-inflammatory, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, peanut-free, quick, microwave
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Equipment: strainer, microwave-safe bowl, parchment paper, baking sheet or tray, rubber spatula
- 12 large strawberries
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips/chunks/broken pieces (70% cacao or higher)
- Rinse the strawberries in a strainer under cold water. Make sure to let the strawberries fully dry before dipping them in chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the dark chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate is mostly melted.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in any chocolate that has not fully melted.
- Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate and place them on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet or tray to dry.
- Refrigerate baking sheet or tray for 5 minutes, or until chocolate fully hardens.
- Add finely chopped nuts to the dark chocolate for some crunch, flavor, and protein to this dessert.
- Keeps for 2 days refrigerated or 3 months in the freezer.
- Store in a sealed container.
- To defrost the frozen chocolate covered strawberries, leave them in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Strawberries can be a sweet and nutrient-filled part of dessert! They are filled with vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. Adding dark chocolate is not only delicious but adds additional antioxidants. Both strawberries and dark chocolate have anti-inflammatory properties.
- To save money on strawberries, you can buy a large pack and make a large batch of chocolate covered strawberries to freeze and eat later.
Total Servings: 4
Serving Size: 3 chocolate covered strawberries
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories: 97 calories||5%|
|Total Fat: 7 g||11%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||20%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 0.5 mg||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates: 11 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||12%|
|Added Sugar: 4 g||8%|
|Protein: 0.9 g||2%|
|Vitamin D: 0 IU||0%|
|Calcium: 19 mg||2%|
|Iron: 0.7 mg||4%|
|Potassium: 173 mg||5%|