Keywords: vegetarian, vegan, healthy, granola, breakfast, high fiber
Serves: 28 (¼ cup servings)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Equipment: large mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, measuring utensils, parchment paper, baking sheet, storage container
- 2 cups rolled oats (not steel cut or quick cooking)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw nuts (sliced almonds, chopped pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup dried fruit (chopped apricots, apple, pineapple, raisins, cranberries)
- 1 tsp spice (cinnamon, pumpkin spice, gingerbread mix)
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ cup sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave)
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ tsp flavoring (vanilla, almond essence, orange blossom)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine dry ingredients, excluding dry fruit, in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Do a taste test and adjust by adding more sweetener, oil, or spice if needed.
- Spread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 minutes then stir.
- Repeat two more times, for a total baking time of about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in dry fruit and let the granola cool completely.
- This granola recipe is highly customizable. Add or remove whatever mix-ins you desire.
- Serve over Greek yogurt with berries for a delicious parfait!
- Keeps for up to a month in a tightly sealed container at room temperature.
- The oats in this recipe are a great source of fiber from the whole grains. Adding nuts of your choice provides a good source of healthy fats.
- Buying nuts and other mix-ins in bulk can be cost effective and you’ll only be paying for what you need! You can also skip adding in nuts for a lower cost option.
|Serving Size||1/4 cup|
|Added Sugars (g)||3|
|Vitamin D (IU)||0|