Keywords: vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, peanut-free, one pan, healthy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Equipment: chopping knife, large mixing bowl, large pan, spatula
- ½ large zucchini
- ½ large onion
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- 4 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or non-stick spray
- Chop the zucchini and onion into small pieces and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the cilantro, parsley, and dill and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- Crack 4 eggs into the large bowl and mix the herbs and eggs together, making sure to fully scramble the eggs.
- Add in salt and ground black pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil or non-stick spray to the pan.
- After the pan begins to heat up, add in the egg mixture and turn the heat to low. Cover the pan and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Use any alternative herbs and veggies that you prefer.
- Turn the omelet into a scramble instead and use tofu to create a vegan scramble.
- Keeps for 2 days refrigerated.
- Store in a sealed container.
- Reheat on the stovetop.
- The mixture of onions, zucchini, and herbs provides vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. Combined with protein from the eggs, this dish can be a part of a nutrient-filled breakfast. Serve with whole grain toast for a filling meal. The nutrients of eggs and vegetables combined provides a great source of choline, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and selenium.
- To save money on herbs, you can grow your own both indoors and outdoors. Buy and plant seeds to access your favorite herbs at home at any time.
Total Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1/4 of the egg scramble/omelet
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories: 94 calories||5%|
|Total Fat: 6 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||8%|
|Cholesterol: 187 mg||62%|
|Sodium: 108 mg||5%|
|Total Carbohydrates: 4 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1 g||4%|
|Added Sugar: 0 g||0%|
|Protein: 7 g||14%|
|Vitamin D: 44 IU||11%|
|Calcium: 44 mg||4%|
|Iron: 1 mg||6%|
|Potassium: 231 mg||7%|