Keywords: prevent diabetes, prevent cardiovascular disease, anti-inflammatory, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, peanut-free, quick, healthy, Mediterranean
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Equipment: cutting board, chopping knife, small bowl or cup, salad bowl, salad fork or spoon
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 16 kalamata olives
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Chop 1 head of romaine lettuce and 1 large yellow bell pepper, and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add the chopped romaine and bell pepper, along with the sliced cherry tomatoes, to a large salad bowl and top with about 16 kalamata olives.
- Add 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a small bowl or cup on the side. Add salt and pepper to your liking and mix together.
- Pour salad dressing onto the salad and mix with a salad fork or spoon.
- Add any additional vegetables based on preference.
- Serve as a side to a main dish or add in a protein such as chicken or salmon to make this a more filling meal.
- Pairs well with the baked salmon with lemon, garlic, and dill recipe.
- Keeps for 2 days refrigerated.
- Store in a sealed container with the dressing in a separate sealed container.
- Mix in the dressing with salad right before serving.
- This salad packs fiber and vitamins from the veggies and heart-healthy monounsaturated fats from the kalamata olives and olive oil.
- Buying romaine, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes in large packs can help reduce the cost. These veggies can easily be used in other salads and veggie dishes.
Total Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1/4 salad
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories: 240 calories||12%|
|Total Fat: 22 g||34%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||15%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 242 mg||10%|
|Total Carbohydrates: 10 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6 g||22%|
|Added Sugar: 0 g||0%|
|Protein: 3 g||5%|
|Vitamin D: 0 IU||0%|
|Calcium: 60 mg||6%|
|Iron: 2 mg||11%|
|Potassium: 545 mg||16%|