Keywords: quick, healthy, anti-inflammatory, customizable
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Equipment: cutting board, knife
- 1 sandwich wrap or tortilla
- 2 ounces protein of choice (grilled chicken breast, deli meats, tofu, tempeh)
- 1 ounce or slice of cheese of choice
- ⅓ cup lettuce/greens of choice (romaine, spring mix, arugula, spinach)
- ⅓ cup sliced vegetables of choice (tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, red cabbage, red onion, cucumber, avocado)
- 1 tablespoon condiment(s) of choice (mayonnaise, mustard, green goddess dressing)
- Slice vegetables to size of your liking and set aside.
- Spread condiments of choice on tortilla.
- Layer ingredients of choice in middle of tortilla.
- Begin rolling one end, tuck in both sides of tortilla, and finish rolling until completely enclosed.
- All ingredients are customizable.
- You can use any bread of choice: pita, sliced bread, whole grain, gluten free, etc.
- Avoid using deli meats for a low-sodium sandwich.
- Sandwiches are great for meal prep throughout the week. If you will not eat it right away, consider taking your condiments on the side and preparing right before your lunch.
- Packing your sandwich with a protein, veggies, and cheese will make it both filling and delicious. Try to focus on using 100% whole wheat for your bread option and get a variety of color in your vegetable toppings!
- Most of these toppings can be repurposed in a salad. Consider buying vegetables on sale that can be used for both when meal prepping for your week.
|Added Sugars (g)||1|
|Vitamin D (IU)||7|