Keywords: vegetarian, vegan, cardiovascular disease, anti-inflammatory, diabetes, healthy, breakfast, high protein, dairy-free, high fiber
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Equipment: medium sauté pan, large bowl, spatula
- 1 block (12-14 ounces) extra firm tofu
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the tofu in a large bowl and break the tofu into small pieces with a spatula or your hands.
- Mix in the turmeric, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the olive oil to a medium sauté pan, then add the tofu mixture.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until heated through and starting to brown.
- Serve with toast and sautéed spinach.
- Serve in a tortilla with spinach, avocado and salsa.
- Serve on a bagel and top with Lightlife tempeh bacon and sliced tomato.
- Can be used in any dish in place of scrambled eggs.
- Serve immediately.
- Scrambled tofu is an excellent source of plant-based protein and is a complete protein, meaning it has all of the essential amino acids. Tofu also contains phytoestrogens that are protective against certain cancers like prostate cancer and breast cancer, and against heart disease. Like all plant-based recipes, this dish is cholesterol-free.
- Tofu is an inexpensive alternative to eggs that has even more protein! Tofu also lasts for around two months refrigerated, so you can stock up when it is on sale.
|Added Sugars (g)||0|
|Vitamin D (IU)||0|