Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Equipment: large pan, lid
- Dumpling wrappers: 8 pieces
- Carrots, shredded: 3.5 oz
- Green cabbage, shredded: 3.5 oz
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced: 2 oz
- Garlic, minced: 1 clove
- Olive oil: 2 1/4 tsp
- Soy sauce: 1/2 tbsp
- Salt: 1/5 tsp
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, carrots, cabbage, and mushrooms along with salt.
- Cook and stir frequently for 2-3 minutes. Then, add in soy sauce.
- Cook for an additional minute and then transfer the filling to a bowl.
- Wet the entire edge of the wrapper with water and add about a tablespoon of filling into the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half, creating a half-moon shape. Gently pat the bottom of the dumpling on the countertop.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook dumplings in a batch of eight for 2 minutes until a dark golden-brown crust forms.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of water, cover the pan, and let the dumplings steam for 2-4 minutes until the water has evaporated.
|Number of Servings||1|
|Total Fat (g)||11.8|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.6|
|Total Carbohydrates (g)||47.9|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||6.9|